Geared up for future, born out of tradition

What began on a small scale with a brass foundry, developed over the course of over 100 years into an internationally operating group of companies.

Responsibility for the company and its staff now lies in the hands of the third and fourth generation of the owner family. Preserving what is right and giving it validity, while also being brave enough to change what needs to be changed - this remains the task for our more than 9,000 employees worldwide. 

History of the OTTO FUCHS logo

1910
1916
1956
1999
2010
2016

1910

Entering in the commercial register

1920s

The company site was expanded with the acquisition of neighbouring land. OTTO FUCHS employed approx. 400 members of staff. Operating a multi-shift system, it was mainly brass forgings along with brass weights that were produced to supply the electronics, automotive and motorcycle industries.

1930s

OTTO FUCHS was one of the first small-medium sized companies in Germany to work with a key material of the future: aluminium. Initially, simple aluminium mouldings were manufactured on existing spindle presses. These were also supplied to the rapidly growing aviation industry.

1940s

The range of materials was added to by including magnesium and its alloys.
A subsidiary factory was set up in Dülken which was later to become OTTO FUCHS Dülken GmbH & Co. KG.

1950s

Extending the product range through:
- titanium-forgings for the aerospace industries
- synchronizer rings for the VW Beetle

1960s

The 30,000-ton press will be commissioned

1962:
OTTO FUCHS started producing forged car wheels made of Aluminium

1964:
Acquisition of today’s SCHÜCO International KG

1970s

The first European manufacturer of forged aluminum parts and light metal wheels for car serial production

1978:
Acquisition of Weber Metals & Supply Company in Paramount, Los Angeles

1980s

Recording the mass production of passenger car chassis components made of aluminium.

The ultra high-strength alloy AZ86 twice as strong as structural steel and only a third of its weight

1990s

Foundation of SUOFTEC Light Metal Products Kft. in Tatabánya, Hungary, today´s OTTO FUCHS Hungary Kft.

2000s

2006:
The FOXTEC IKHWEZI (Pty) Ltd joint venture was formed in East London, South Africa
Introduction of the ring rolling technology

2009:
The subsidiary in Dülken becomes independent: OTTO FUCHS Dülken GmbH & Co. KG was founded.
Acquisition of today´s OTTO FUCHS Oberflächentechnik GmbH

2010 to today

2010:
- New edition of the legendary Fuchsfelge® for modern Porsche 911 in 19“ for the aftermarket
- Renaming of Suoftec Light Metal Products Kft. in OTTO FUCHS Hungary Kft.

2012:
The OTTO FUCHS Technology (Shenyang) Co., Ltd. produced forged chassis parts

2014:
Foundation of OTTO FUCHS Drilling Solutions GmbH