You will require the cost-free Adobe Reader for display.
Copper and copper alloys
Copper is one of the oldest of all metals and is also the alloy in longest use at OTTO FUCHS, its history stretching back over 100 years. It can be produced in various casting processes, has unique friction and wear properties, and combines high strength with plasticity.
It is a material with many facets:
- targeted adjustment of the mechanical properties as a result of cold and/or hot shaping
- excellent machinability (machine ready) by adding appropriate alloys
- good all-round resistance to corrosion (air and water)
- dezincification through the addition of special alloying elements
- anti-bacterial effect
- by adding appropriate alloys it can be adapted to almost every application
- one of the most favourable energy balances of all industrial materials
- completely recyclable
Products are manufactured for the automotive industry, general engineering industry, the construction industry as well as for bathrooms / washrooms from a current range of 60 copper alloys, including lead-free alloys.
See our material information sheet 'Copper' for further details of our copper alloys.