- extrusions made from aluminium and magnesium alloys from 0.1 to 25 kg/m
- forgings made from aluminium, magnesium, titanium and nickel alloys with own weights of up to 750 kg and 5 m length
- for use in aircraft: in the fuselage, wings, landing gear, engines or interiors
- rolled rings for aircraft turbines made from aluminium, titanium and nickel alloys with sizes ranging from 0.35 to 2 m Ø
- aerospace products such as the combustion chamber for the Ariane rocket
Since the company’s inception, OTTO FUCHS KG has been a close development partner to many high-tech companies. This is particularly true of the aerospace industry, one of the most innovative sectors of our times. In the aerospace industry alone, over 250 companies in 40 different countries rely on the unique properties of the products made by OTTO FUCHS – and this has been the case for over 80 years.
We are represented in this business field with over 5,000 products made from almost 100 different alloys. Today there is hardly any type of aircraft that does not have OTTO FUCHS products installed in its fuselage, wings, landing gear, engines or interiors.
OTTO FUCHS delivers highly stressed components made of aluminium, titanium, nickel and magnesium alloys along with the metal shaping processes, extrusion pressing, forging or ring rolling. If required, these come fully machined, ready for installation.
For many years now, OTTO FUCHS has been a supplier of components made of nickel and titanium alloys for aircraft turbines. The rings required for turbines are produced on a separate ring rolling mill with a radial rolling force of 400 t and an axial rolling force of 250 t. Where appropriate, the rings are then in part drop forged, heat treated and processed using customer-specific machining techniques. The size of the rings manufactured in our company ranges from 300 mm to 2,000 mm in diameter and from 30 mm to 1,000 mm in height. Rings made from aluminium and copper alloys are produced for various applications in the aerospace industry and plant engineering.
Our strength is our expertise in materials: the primary material made from aluminium and magnesium is produced in our own continuous casting plant – with highest quality standards applied from the outset. Our core processes are certified in accordance with ISO and/or NADCAP.